HER-conomy is a 6-week program that is set to build an inclusive world without borders for women in Alberta and Western Canada through capacity-building training in leadership support and social empowerment for women entrepreneurs, leaders, and advocates.
The program provides an empowering community where women with different, backgrounds, life experiences and demographics connect and thrive with fair advantages while strengthening each other to become great leaders.
HER-conomy Initiative Program is developed to bridge communication and upskill the Albertan women community for equitable economic opportunities.
Who Qualifies to Apply?
- Identify as a woman.
- Require coaching and mentoring for career advancement and/or entrepreneurship.
- Want to join other women in building an ecosystem with great economic advantages.
- Want to impact the women workforce and blaze the trail in your chosen niche.
- Need upskilling to boost employability.
- Need motivation from the women fellowship to achieve your goals.
- Need access to capital/funding.
Starting a business can be challenging and there are many demands on you which can impact how to launch and run the business. Our entrepreneurship program is designed to support you through the process, by providing trainings and services to help you run a successful business.
Week 3 – Business Management: Operational Excellence
- Processes and Systems
- Performance and Employee Management
- Process Improvement and Customer Satisfaction
- Coaching and Leadership Engagement
Week 4 – Business Scale-up: Growth & Expansion
- Partnerships and Collaboration
- New Markets, Product Development and Strengthening Market Share
- Exit Strategy
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Investments, Seed Rounds, Initial Public Offering (IPO)
Our empowerment program is a community built on virtual and in-class trainings and workshops to integrate the expertise of other programs offered concurrently, to help individuals build healthier lives from inside out.
Week 3 – Financial Literacy
Loans and Credit Management
Accounting and Financial Planning
Tax Filings and Returns
Funding Strategies & Opportunities
Week 4 – Mental Health and Wellbeing
Are you looking to enhance your leadership skills? Do you want to know how to lead successfully in tough times? This program is designed with the resources and support necessary to help you be an efficient leader.
Week 3 – Coaching & Mentoring
- Applications of 5 C’s of Coaching
- Performance Management
- Need Assessment and Resource Planning
- Knowledge Transfer and Technical Exchange
Week 4 – Communication Management
- Pitch, Speech and Presentation Proficiency
- Contextual Analysis and Negotiation
- Messaging, Transmission and Reporting
- Encoding and Decoding
Our digital literacy masterclass by experts in the field, is designed to take you to the next level both in your business and career. At this training you would be introduced to different technologies and tools . You would also have the opportunity to upskill.
Week 3 – Digital Communication
- Pulse code modulation and baseband communication
- Digital marketing including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn etc
- Virtual communications – Zoom meetings, Webinars, Teams, ERP, etc.
- Marketing automation – Email marketing, SMS, Newsletters etc.
- Search Engine optimisation (SEO)
Week 4 – Business Analysis and Data Management
- Business Analysis Fundamentals
- Requirements gathering and definitions
- Identifying and mitigating business risks using process flows and test cases
- Data Management Fundamentals