Our Youth Entrepreneurship Mentorship Program (YEMP) – Is a 6 weeklong empowerment program for youths and budding entrepreneurs between the ages of 15 – 35 years old who are interested in starting a business or learning the basics of entrepreneurship. At completion, youths will gain basic knowledge and skills to become entrepreneurs. Participants will be paired with mentors for guidance, to move forward in their business or career, and develop their networks in the community.
The goal of the training is to prepare youths for self-employment through training and mentoring; enhance their competencies and build their social networks. Youths that are already business owners will have access to financial resources, access to capital, to address the capital challenges facing their business.
Who Can Apply?
Individuals between the age of 15-35 years old with genuine interest in entrepreneurship
- Instructor led facilitation
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Online & In-person
- Workshop: June 30, 2023 to August 11, 2023
- Time: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Every Friday
- Grand Finale: August 26th
- Program Launch – June 30th (Details to follow)
- In the first six weeks, participants will be introduced to the basics of entrepreneurship.
- The curriculum covers basic entrepreneurial subjects and skills: Problem solving, financial literacy and planning, sales, marketing, product to market strategies.
- The paired mentorship will run concorently with workshop
- Participants will get the opportunity to connect with local entrepreneurs, mentors, funding sources and get access to other business resources.
- Volunteering opportunities will be available at the end of the program.
- Lunch and free bus passes available.